V-TUF are now looking for a proactive and hands on Warehouse & Production Manager to join them in reaching the next level in their operations and service to their customers. With a company culture focused on being part of something more than just the bottom line, we strive to create and manufacture equipment that actively improves lives whilst respecting the environment.
The team dynamic is close-knit, with everyone getting stuck in to ensure the company thrives, but moving forwards we are looking to establish defined roles where individuals can take accountability for their departments, in the hope of creating a great company and seeing some exponential growth in both of our brands (V-TUF and FGL).
With an upcoming premises move, the individual taking on the role of Warehouse Manager will need to be energetic, passionate about establishing great working processes, and consistently able to identify improvements to efficiency and happy to challenge the norm.
Duties of the Warehouse Manager would include:
- Responsibility for the day to day management of two warehouse operatives, ensuring motivation levels and the highest quality outputs in all daily activities.
- Ensuring people resources are allocated and utilised effectively for the most efficient completion of tasks to set timeframes.
- Providing regular and consistent feedback on warehouse performance, suggesting areas for improvement or attention, and manage the successful achievement of Warehouse KPIs to achieve best practice.
- Working closely with the Operations and QHSE Assistant to ensure QHSE processes and actions are carried out accordingly.
- Taking ownership of all warehouse activities and reviewing methods of work, identifying variations in processes and working to establish Six Sigma or similar methodologies.
- Weekly stock taking and liaison with 3PL and couriers to increase cost/time efficiency and smooth stock rotation. Feeding back to Operations and Supply Chain Manager for any upcoming order requirements or issues.
- Working with Warehouse Operatives on orders to ensure 12pm and 4pm same day dispatch windows are met, and acting as QA check for orders before leaving the premises to ensure they meet customer expectations.
- Manage goods in and warranty returns/repairs to ensure company quality standards and documentation procedures are adhered to.
- Rework items and pick stock ready for dispatch, happy to be hands on with the more technical aspects of machinery.
Person Specification – Warehouse Manager
The ideal individual will have a minimum of 3 years previous experience within the manufacturing, warehousing or logistics industry. We are looking for the following experience:
- Experience of managing direct reports in a team leadership/management role, minimum of 1 year
- Proven examples of continually improving processes to enhance efficiency, ideally Kaizen, Six Sigma, 5S or similar
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- An understanding of 3PL and Couriers
- Knowledge of Mechanical / Electrical components and willingness to be hands on
- Ability to interpret data and create reports in relation to stock turnover, sales and non-conformance’s
What they can expect to receive in return.
- Salary negotiable DOE
- Quarterly bonus in line with overall company sales targets
- 20 Days Holiday (+ 8 Days BH)
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Working hours Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm, with the potential for 6pm finish on some occasions
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org